Becoming Aware Media Press Kit
Download this Media Press Kit as a PDF: Becoming-Aware-Press-Kit.
All media contacts can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Book
In her never-before-revealed story, discover the life changing events that led Lisa Garr from her near-death experience, leaving her without the ability to say even a few words, to become a TV, radio and Internet sensation with a vision and a passion for changing lives with The Aware Show!
After suffering her traumatic brain injury, Lisa learned visualization and mental exercises from the greatest personal development masters in the world, with over 40 exercises included in this book. The same practices she used to heal her brain and regain her cognition have also served to make her a better parent, a more successful businesswoman, and a Conscious Catalyst.
Lisa recorded a set of audio and video lessons that demonstrate her very special visualizations for use in practical application, called the “Becoming Aware Guide”.
About the Author
Since 1999, Lisa Garr has hosted a popular program on Pacifica Radio Network (KPFK) called The Aware Show. Based on her desire to live in a more conscious world, Lisa created The Aware Show to feature best-selling authors and experts in the fields of natural health, cutting-edge science, personal growth, and
With a background in the healing arts, she is considered an expert herself in the field of lifestyle and transformational media programming. In addition, she comes from a long line of entertainers, including her aunt, actress Teri Garr; and her grandmother, Phyllis Garr, an original Radio City Music Hall Rockette. Lisa also hosts a show on Hay House Radio called Being Aware and a series for Gaiam TV called Gaiam Inspirations.
She is a regular weekend host on Coast to Coast AM, syndicated in over 500 stations around the world, and has one of the largest telesummit series on the Internet. Combined, she reaches millions of listeners globally every month.
“I’ve always known Lisa Garr was a special person, but I had no idea—until reading her book—of all the things she’d lived through to become the bright light she is today. There is something very wise and embracing about Lisa—when she showers you with that profound kindness of hers, it changes you. Now everybody who reads Becoming Aware can have that experience, and we’ll all be better off for it. I’ve been hoping Lisa would take her great talents and express them in the words of a book, and I’m delighted to help tell all the world that it’s here. This book is like taking a marvelous journey with a wonderful new friend, and what she reveals on your adventure will stay with you forever.”
“Becoming Aware will give you the tools for and inspire you to visualize your ideal future. Lisa will take you from where you are to where you need to be. I strongly encourage you to get a copy of this book.”
“I’ve known Lisa for many, many years and everything she does is in the light. Becoming Aware is her story and much more. She shares how a tragedy helped her to open her heart and her clairvoyance, and to become aware.”
“Transformation is the birth of something new within ourselves; it all starts with awareness and Lisa Garr shows us the way. I’ve known Lisa for years; she is the master of awareness, and everybody can benefit from what she has to offer.”
“I encourage you to read Becoming Aware. It will take you to that place in your mind, and bring you back to that place in your heart, where you really feel and live your most authentic life.”
Several years ago, I suffered a brain injury during a California State Championship Mountain bike race, where I was in second place, about to take over first. I fell down a long mountain to the bottom, cracking my helmet in 13 places.
I had a near death experience while lying on the side of the mountain until the helicopter medics came to transport me to the nearest hospital. This experience transformed my level of consciousness and was the catalyst for starting my media platform about awareness that now reaches millions of people per month worldwide.
I rebuilt my brain and my life using specific visualization techniques and accessing different levels of conscious awareness I call Brain-nastics.
- What was your life like before the accident?
- Was this a significant bike race you were involved in?
- How long was the race?
- What was the last thing you remembered before you fell off the bike?
- Tell me about the near death experience you had.
- How do you know that time and place still exists today?
- What was it like when you finally arrived in the hospital?
- What did the doctor say?
- How long did it take to regain your memory?
- Who lead you to Dr. Barry Sterman and EEG protocols?
- How long did it take for you to return to doing business?
- Tell me about the reoccurring dream you had during your recovery.
- What made you create a radio show after your recovery?
- What techniques do you still use today to keep your mind from becoming dormant again?
- Do you think people access different brain states by going into visualization or meditation?
- What do you feel today about death and dying?
- Do you think people need to have an accident to experience conscious awareness?
- How important do you feel visualization is to create what you want in life?
- What have you learned about the human brain since your accident?
- What is your goal in doing 5 different shows on consciousness?
- What do you think is the new style communication in the future?
- Why do you feel having conscious conversations can lead to a better quality life filled with more happiness? How does someone do that?
- Do you have conscious conversations 100% of the time?
- Do you have a regular spiritual practice?
- How do you manage 2 full time businesses and a family?
- What have you seen as a consistent formula for success in many of the authors you have interviewed?
- How have you seen the audiences evolve throughout the years?
- What is a Conscious Catalyst?
History of Interviews
Lisa Garr has conducted over 3300 interviews of the world’s foremost experts in all areas of health, nutrition, spirituality, personal transformation, neuroscience, mindfulness, wealth creation, business development, longevity, and conscious cultural activism.
Lisa is dedicated to communicating information that inspires positive growth and change, which leads to listeners living fuller, happier, purpose-driven lives. Her intention is to share resources regarding alternative health, personal growth and practical wisdom. She honors individual uniqueness and encourages listeners to make conscious choices in every moment and to listen to their own truth.
Based on a desire to live in a more conscious world, Lisa created The Aware Show, a talk radio show about self-development, spirituality and natural health. It airs on KPFK Radio Los Angeles. In 2009 Lisa introduced the Aware Show Summits, online live broadcast audio/video interview series focusing on Money and Abundance, Practical Neuroscience, Body Health and the Soul.
Lisa states: “I created this show to bring balance to my own life, between my passion for spiritual growth and working in the entertainment industry. I am learning, just like many listeners, and I make it a point to have guests give examples of how to apply their philosophies to every day living. I bring into my conversations real life situations, even aspects of my own life that will help clarify concepts. And with so many different angles presented by the different guests, I invite the listeners to hear what philosophies resonate with them and become empowered by making conscious choices.”
Lisa is currently pursuing her masters at the University of Philosophical Research in Transformational Psychology. With more than 16 years of interviewing experts on her radio show, her new book, Becoming Aware, is based on the resounding information she has learned. In addition, Lisa prides herself in being a consummate athlete, and highly ranked in the state of California in cross-country mountain bike racing.
Lisa’s energetic spirit and wealth of knowledge prove to be a dynamic and inspirational combination to the success of The Aware Show.
Lisa Garr Head Shots